We had a super awesome December last year. Somehow we managed to have two boys with birthdays in December, something I swore I would never do to my children! That's what I get for swearing ;) Also, these pictures come from what I call my "broken camera" period, where the screen on our camera broke and I took lots of terrible pictures on my phone to supplement.
Clarkie's 4th birthday was first. He was on a very serious Batman kick (still is I guess). So everything was Batman for him. He wore his Batman shirt, played Batman games, Batman plates, Batman songs and of course Batman cake!
Mmmm batmobile!
From us, he got an awesome new bike.
And then he went Tasmanian Devil on everything else!
Not birthday related, but Clarkie helped me make some Christmas cookies.
Then it was Bobby's first birthday! (love Clarkie's photobomb)
Mmm Chocolate cake! It was shaped like the number one, but that lasted all of two seconds and I forgot to get a pic.
Random picture, but it was too awesome not to share. We took a quick overnight trip up north for a job interview for Clark. Turned out the firm was definitely the wrong fit, but we had fun spending the night in Sedona anyway. (This is the same place as our Slide Rock pics from a couple posts ago).
Christmas lights at the Mesa Temple
And on to Utah! We went to Utah for Christmas this year. Clark has 4 siblings/3 siblings in law all attending BYU Provo, so it made sense for the rest of us to come to them. We had a beautiful white Christmas with everyone from Clark's immediate family, plus his Dad's mom. This group is getting bigger fast!
We stayed at a beautiful resort in Midway, and went tubing at Soldier's Hollow, the place where they held all the cross country skiing stuff during the Olympics. That little yellow person is Clarkie.
The marshmallow kid on the blue tube is Henry, and I am in front. This was Henry's first and only run :)
Santa came to visit to make sure he knew what the boys wanted for Christmas!
This picture is from my camera so I have no excuse for why it is blurry, but I was so proud of Bobby for not being terrified of Santa! He really is my most easygoing kid.
Yep, it's 5:45 AM on Christmas morning. Yep, they are all up. Yep, we are making them wait until we wake all of their teenage/early 20s aunts and uncles.
Bobby could hardly sit still with all the excitement going on.
The Jones kids all looking about as we expect. The in-laweds look the most awake!
Oh yeah, power wheels in the snow, you know what that means... Power Slide!










No comments:
Post a Comment